Liver is one of the vital organs in body. When a major part of the liver becomes damage, this condition is call liver failure. Liver failure signs & symptoms are shown after liver damage. There are many factors that are responsible for causing liver failure.
When liver cannot perform its function properly, this condition calls liver failure. This is a progressive condition that causes severe damage to the liver. Sometime liver failure signs symptoms are visible after few month or years. The major function of liver is food digestion, elimination of toxic agent from blood and produce important protein. Bile producing is one of major function of liver which responsible for food digestion.
Acute and chronic are major liver failure. In acute liver failure, the liver functions deteriorate rapidly. The abrupt fall of liver function is marked by confusion, coma and stupor. In chronic liver failure, the deterioration of the liver functions occurs slowly.
Major liver failure signs symptoms
The major liver failure symptoms are given below:
- Progressive depression or lethargy. does not want to play anymore or refuses to go for walks.
- Orange urine. The improper processing of bile results in the excretion of bilirubin in the urine in high amounts, thus orange urine.
- Jaundice, also known as icterus. Any pale or white skin or visible tissue takes on a yellow hue. Again the biliary pigments are accumulating in the body because the liver is not processing them.
- Pain associated with the abdomen is one of the major liver failure signs symptoms
- Chronic weight loss or wasting. The liver processes all the building blocks. If it fails to process, the body fails to maintain itself.
- Tendency to bruise or bleed easily is another liver failure signs symptoms.
- Loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea are major liver failure symptoms.
Additional liver failure signs symptoms
Additional liver failure signs symptoms are accumulation of excess body fluid in abdomen, kidney become failed, develop bleeding disorder. Bleeding disorder develop in body because clotting factor are impaired. The fluid accumulates because the kidneys are not ridding the body of excess fluid. The skin will become jaundiced. The yellow discoloration is caused by a yellow pigment called bilirubin. Bilirubin is one of several products released when hemoglobin is broken down. A distinct sweet fecal breath, caused by the obstruction or collapse of the bowels, is common in liver failure.
Other liver failure signs symptoms
Other liver failure signs symptoms are given below:
- Skin color change: Skin color change is initial stages of liver failure symptoms. After chronic stage abnormal change occurs in skin. Skin becomes slight yellow after chronic liver failure. This is occurring due to excess accumulation of yellow color pigment. As we all know, bilirubin is the outcome of metabolism of red blood cells. The main job of the liver is to process bilirubin, excess of which is eliminated through urine and fecal matter. However, when liver function slowly starts declining, bilirubin levels rise in the blood and subsequently the pigment begins to accumulate underneath the skin, giving it a yellowish color.
- Abnormal pain: abnormal pain is another liver failure signs symptoms. During liver damage, body may initially response to abnormal pain. Abnormal pain occurs due to enlargement of liver. The severity of pain depends up to swollen of liver. This enlargement of liver is responsible for abdomen pain.
- Chronic Tiredness: Chronic tiredness sets in with the onset of liver damage. People whining about this persistent feeling of tiredness should consult a doctor for further diagnosis. Always feeling tiredness might indicate that progressive deterioration of liver has started. As liver health falls gradually, the body finds it difficult to cope up with day-to-day activities, resulting in low energy levels and prolonging fatigue. The patient appears disinterested and increasingly lethargic.
What are the symptoms of liver failure?
Liver failure occur when the large part of liver become damage. This time live cannot do it proper function. Live failure is life threatening condition. Liver disease is also referred to as hepatic disease. Many of we does not know what are the symptoms of liver failure. Some symptoms are visible during liver failure.
What are the symptoms of liver failure:
- Eyeballs & skin become yellow (Jaundice)
- Feeling Vomiting
- Feeling pain in upper right side of abdomen.
- Loss of appetite
- Easily bleeding
- Mental disorientation
Eyeball and yellow skin
We know what are the symptoms of liver failure. Eyeball and skin become yellow during liver failure. Normally it is known as jaundice. When old red blood cells become destroyed by then body in normal process, hemoglobin is released into the blood. After then hemoglobin rapidly converted into bilirubin in the blood. The bilirubin is removed from the blood by liver, modified, and excreted into the bile. Then bile become flows into the intestine so that bilirubin is excreted in the stool. Jaundice can occur whenever this normal process of destruction of red blood cells and elimination of bilirubin is interrupted. This occurs when there is abnormally increased destruction of red blood cells. Due to this bilirubin levels become high in blood and skin and eyeball become yellow color.
It is another symptom of liver failure. Patient cannot sleep properly during liver problems. Sleeping time becomes reduce due to this fact.
what are the symptoms of liver failure and it is one of the symptoms of liver failure. Vomiting level becomes increase during this time. Vomiting tendency becomes rise during food intake.
Loss of appetite
The early symptoms of liver damage include fatigue, weakness, and lack of appetite, loss of energy, weight loss and nausea. Those are then symptoms of liver failure. Loss of appetite occurs and may eventually result in weight loss and anemia. There is indigestion or improper metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Many patients ask what are the symptoms of liver failure? Easily bleeding is one of the most causes. The affected person bruises and bleeds easily. The main reason being the liver’s inability to produce essential coagulant proteins.
Feeling pain in upper right side of abdomen
Whatever may be the reason of liver failure, the body may initially respond with upper right side of abdominal pain. Due to abnormally enlarge in live size is one of the causes. The liver swollen is depending on the severity of disease. However, little enlargement of liver is unlikely to cause any abdominal pain. Due to liver enlargement, the abdominal area, especially below the ribs appears swollen.
Chronic tiredness sets in with the onset of liver damage. People whining about this persistent feeling of tiredness should consult a doctor for further diagnosis. Always feeling tiredness might indicate that progressive deterioration of liver has started. As liver health falls gradually, the body finds it difficult to cope up with day-to-day activities, resulting in low energy levels and prolonging fatigue. The patient appears disinterested and increasingly lethargic.
What are the liver failure symptoms
When the live becoming damage, during this time liver showed some symptoms. To observe this symptoms we are able to justice that how chronic this disease. A liver disease is a collection of conditions, disorders, and infections that affect the cells, structures, and tissues of the liver, causing liver damage or stops liver functioning altogether.
What are the symptoms of liver damage during jaundice
Jaundice is not a liver disease, but rather a symptom that can occur as a result of a variety of diseases. It appears as a yellowish discoloration of the skin and whites of the eyes (sclerae) caused by the abnormal buildup of bilirubin in the blood.
An orange-yellow pigment, bilirubin is part of bile; it forms in the liver as a byproduct of old blood cells. When there are too many red blood cells dying for the liver to cope with, yellow pigment builds up in the body resulting in jaundice, a visible sign of liver problems.
The amount or bilirubin in blood become rise during jaundice, when the old blood cell become damage then bilirubin are produce.
What are the symptoms of liver damage during hepatitis:
These symptoms are more likely to appear in adults, they last 2 to21 days and the mortality rate is low.
In some cases, there is also jaundice and the dark urine typical of liver infection, In this cases liver become tender and enlarged.
What is the symptoms of liver failure
Liver failure occur when a large portion of live become damage due to inflammation or many other disorder. As a result cannot do its function properly. No sign and symptoms are shown due to mild infection of liver. When liver effected seriously, sigh and symptoms are shown.
What is the general liver failure symptoms?
When liver effected inside body or it become inflamed, the size o live becomes increased. Different symptoms are shown depending on what occur on liver. May be nausea and fever are primary liver failure symptoms. They do not consider damaging liver yet if medication is use after primary symptoms. This inflammation become progress, if mediation is not yet start and liver cells become death, as a result symptoms will appear.
What is the major symptoms of liver failure?
Many symptoms are appearing after liver failure. Major symptoms of liver failure age given below:
It is one of the major symptoms of liver failure. Skin and eye become yellow after growing jaundice, due to elevated level of bilirubin in bloodstream. Bilirubin then excrete via kidney. When bilirubin level become high in blood, it causes inflammation on liver cell. It also blockage of bile passes. Sometime jaundice is occur due to breakdown of large number of red blood cells.
Cholestasis is reduce or fully stopped of bile flow. Bile flow may be blocked inside of liver, or outside the liver, or both side the liver. Cholestasis is occur due to hepatitis. metabolic liver diseases, drug effects, a stone in the bile duct, bile duct narrowing, biliary atresia, or inflammation of the pancreas. Symptoms of cholestasis may include the following: jaundice, dark urine, pale stool, easy bleeding, itching, small, spider-like blood vessels visible in the skin, an enlarged spleen, fluid in the abdominal cavity, chills and abdominal pain.
liver enlargement is another major symptom of liver failure. Liver size become increase during liver inflammation. As a result liver become enlarge.
Ascites is fluid build-up in the abdominal cavity caused by fluid leaks from the vessels on the surface of the liver and intestine. Ascites due to liver disease usually accompanies other liver disease characteristics such as portal hypertension. Symptoms of ascites may include a distended abdomen, which causes discomfort and shortness of breath.
What is the symptoms of liver failure after abnormal metabolism of fats
- Elevated level of fats in the blood stream.
- Arteries blocked with fat, leading to high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes.
- Accumulation of fat on other organ of body.
- Excessive weight gain that causes obesity.
- Liver become fatty.
- Body weight cannot be controlled after diet.
What is the symptoms of liver failure on digestive system
- Pain into the liver.
- Gall bladder disease.
- Fatty food can not tolerate.
- Intolerance of alcohol.
- Abdominal bloating.
- Nausea and vomiting tendency.
What is the symptoms of liver failure on nervous system
- Increasing anger.
- Poor concentration.
- Abnormal headaches.
- Overheating on face.
Other symptoms of liver failure
Disease level can be measure after showing symptoms, that how acute of this disease. Other symptoms of liver failure are given below.
- Skin rashes.
- Yellow color on skin.
- Mental confusion.
- Accumulation of fluid on leg.
- Pain and swelling in the abdomen.
- Dry mouth and increasing thirst.
- Light color stool.
- Loss of sex drive.
- Darkened urine.
- Enlarged spleen.